Prof. Dr. Yuriy Nalapko
Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.
Confucius, 551–479 BC
I graduated from one of the biggest medical schools in Eastern Europe. During my student years, I started my scientific investigations in the area of the long influence of high temperature on the nervous system of animals and humans. After completing my Medical Degree I entered the post-graduate specialization in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care. At the same time, I joined to the scientific clinical research group and completed my Philosophy Doctor’s dissertation. That study was devoted to polytrauma patients with brain injury. In 1997 I obtained Ph.D. degree (Clinical Medicine), and in 1999 Ph.D. degree (Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care).
Since that time I was appointed as Associate Professor at the Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine. Parallel to my clinical and education work, I held the position of the Dean of Post-Graduate Education. As a Head of the Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care in University, I had more than 100 lectures and 10-16 one-week master-classes per annum. Scientific investigations in the area of critical states and anaesthesia realize by 3-4 peer-reviewed and 20+ non-peer reviewed papers in the local, national and international journals. Annual teaching flow included 800-1300 students, 20-50 postgraduate doctors and 120-200 clinicians who improved their skills.
In 1999 I established Journal of Emergency Medicine and in 1999-2014 I was its Editor-In-Chief. In 2006 I established Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, where I was its Scientific Editor in 2006-2014. Both of these journals have national and international registrations, peer review and vast scientific ratings.
Due to Confucius’ quote shown above, I deeply convinced, that science and education are the basics of successful treatment of my patients. During the last years, I am the member of Scientific Committee on Hospital Diseases at the Ministry of Health, Post-Diploma Consultation Council, Scientific Problem Commission (Division Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care) at the Ministry of Health (UA). I am invited speaker and moderator at the national and international meetings in the field of Clinical Medicine (more than 90 lectures).
Recently I accepted the invitation of European Wellness Group and moved to achieve new horizons in the improvement of the modern approaches to the treatment and prevention of severe diseases and disorders. Also, I aim to give the impulse to the training and master classes worldwide on new medical and wellness strategies.
Other achievements and interests
Member of the Ukrainian Association of Anaesthesiologists, Infection Diseases Society of America (IDSA), The Interregional Association for Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (IACMAC), European Resuscitation Council (ERC).
- Internship at Cornwell New-York University and American-Austrian Foundation – Salzburg Seminars (Salzburg, Austria) – 2000
- Fellow at Vienna University (Vienna, Austria). Mentor Professor A. Hammerle – 2001
- Internship at Jena University, Clinic of Orthopedics (Jena, Germany) – 2002
- Fellow at Vienna Medical University (Vienna, Austria). Mentor Professor F. Lackner – 2005
- Fellow at Imperial College London (London, Great Britain) – Winner of the European Society of Anaesthesiology Research Grant. Mentor Professor M. Maze – 2007
- Training at Royal College of Anaesthetists (London, Great Britain): Primary and Final FRCA Examinations – 2009
- Training at Scepter (“Introduction to the Clinical Drug Development Process: ICH Good Clinical Practice for Clinical Trial Sites”) – 2012
- Training at the State Expert Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and the National University of Pharmacy (“Good Clinical Practice (GCP). Legal and Regulatory Requirements and Ethical Aspects of Clinical Trial Conducting”) – 2013.